December 7, 2012
By

At this time I would like to announce that the reading period for the Spinetingler Awards best short story collection and anthology category is now open.

If you are an editor of an anthology or the author of a collection that was first published in 2012 please contact me by January 15th.

The Spinetingler Awards are given out annually in the crime fiction community. Books pass through a private selection process before the shortlist is announced. The shortlist is put to a public vote, and winners are selected by you. We try to maintain as broad as possible a definition of what crime fiction is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Brian Lindenmuth

Brian is the non-fiction editor of Spinetingler magazine and one of the fiction editors of Snubnose Press. In addition to Spinetingler his work has appeared in Crimespree magazine and at BSC Review, Galleycat and the Mulholland Books website. He also heads the Spinetingler Award committee.

More Posts - Website - Twitter

9 Responses to Spinetingler Awards reading period for short story collection and anthology category is open

1. Deborah J Ledford on December 7, 2012 at 7:55 pm

Hello Brian. Thanks for the heads up about the Spinetingler Awards reading period. I am the lead editor of SoWest: Desert Justice, the latest anthology by members of the Sisters in Crime Desert Sleuths Chapter.
    Is this where we contact you for consideration?

2. Leslie Wheeler on December 9, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Hello,Brian,
    I’m a co-editor at Level Best Books, which publishes an annual anthology of short crime fiction. We would be happy to send you a copy of this year’s anthology, BEST NEW ENGLAND CRIME STORIES 2013: BLOOD MOON, which came out in November of this year, for consideration for the Spinetingler Awards best short story collection and anthology category for 2012.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
    Leslie

Leslie Wheeler, co-editor/co-publisher, Level Best Books

3. Katherine Tomlinson on December 12, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Hi Brian–I am the editor of Nightfalls, an all-genre anthology that is heavily weighted with crime fiction. Where may I sent it?

Dark Valentine Press

4. Adam Chromy on December 12, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Hi Brian-
    I’m co-founder of TheRogueReader.com and we spotlight and publish new suspense authors in ebooks. We have an amazing holiday crime anthology entitled Dreaming of a Noir Christmas that we would like to submit for consideration.
    Please advise on how to get you a copy.
    Thanks, Adam
    @TheRogueReader

5. Keith Snyder on December 13, 2012 at 12:08 am

Hi, Brian,
    I’m editor/publisher of RIDE 2, a cross-genre anthology in which the only thing the stories have in common is bicycles. There’s a crime fiction story I’d like to submit. Please let me know how to submit.

Thanks!

6. Martin Stanley on December 19, 2012 at 8:04 am

Hi Brian,

I have just recently released a short story collection called ‘The Greatest Show in Town and other shorts’ and would be delighted to submit my work for consideration during the reading period. Please let me know what format you would like me to submit my work in and I’ll send it across asap.

Many thanks,
    Martin

7. Graham Smith on December 30, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Hi Brian

I’m blown away to be nominated for my short story collection Eleven the Hardest Way.

If you need any reading copies for the judges please don’t hesitate to ask. I can supply ePub or .mobi files to any of the judges.
    My e-mail addrss is gnscrimesquad@yahoo.co.uk

Graham

8. Alec Cizak on December 30, 2012 at 6:52 pm

How about Uncle B’s Drive-In Fiction?

9. Malcolm Holt on January 2, 2013 at 8:33 am

Hi Brian,
    I am the author of the ‘Hard Drive’ collection of short stories published in February 2012 and I am delighted to see it on the announced long list of nominations.
    Regards